Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December 23 -- *NEW!* August 2015 At Faranuf


Well, at least today's title got your attention... The fact is, these past few days have consisted mostly of errands in preparation for leaving southern California next week -- or coming down with another cold. I probably got the latter from my Rolling Hills hike on Sunday. And as if that weren't enough, my landscape camera and lens both went kaput. They had at least been functional -- until the other day when I dropped them  and the flicker of functionality was snuffed out. I'll be going to the Canon service center down south in Costa Mesa next week as the landscape kit had been having focusing issues for the past month anyway, but now I REALLY need to take them in. So no more landscapes from LaLaLand, which some may think is no great loss. Hopefully I should have both lens and camera back in perfect working order before I get too far into my adventures in Overton, Nevada. Luckily, I have loads of photos from my first months at Faranuf that I have yet to show to a waiting public (yeah, right). So here are a few *NEW!* photos from August, when I moved in to Faranuf during the last half of the month. 

Gray Fox at one of my bird seed trays (I didn't mind him as much as the male Coues deer)



Monsoon clouds building over Silver Peak with Faranuf and well house in foreground


Faranuf back yard during rain storm (and all that growth for snakes to hide in) 


Black-chinned hummingbird, with the purple visible on border of chin





A velvety Coues buck, munching on foliage before he munched on bird seed


TARANTULA! (Actually, I hear they make docile "pets") 


Hockey player leg guards (no, they're really snake guards)



The resident Roadrunner on top of the well house fan

And tomorrow,  *NEW!* September 2015 At Faranuf... 


No comments:

Post a Comment