Monday, November 24, 2014

November 23 and 24 -- A 600 Mile-Plus Trip Back To Overton, And A Blissful Day of Rest -- Sort Of...

It was REALLY tough to leave Rodeo, The Cowboy Room, Portal, the Faranuf house, and the Chiricahuas, but I knew that I would be back soon -- so I took off. The trip back up to Overton, Nevada was long yet uneventful. The important thing is, no animals were harmed during my drive! 11 hours or so later I was back with Discovery at the RV park in Overton, and just had enough energy to have dinner -- then crashed out, though I woke up my usual 4 hours later -- 12:30am -- and have been up ever since...Today the 24th was a good day to relax ("kinda"), buy groceries at Lin's Market across the street, and check online for 2014 Dodge Ram trucks for sale in the Las Vegas/Henderson area. I did find a few, and that will be a tale for tomorrow's post...Here are some photos from the beginning of Travels of Discovery -- and before, when I first bought Discovery way back in late November 2010...

Discovery in Altman's Winnebago (now closed) Lot, Nov 2010

Discovery and the (late) Tundra, Valley of Fire, Feb 2013

Tundra and Discovery in rare desert snow, along I-15, Feb 2013

Tundra and Discovery at the Salton Sea, 2013

Glacier National Park, June 2013

Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho

Another type of crater, Crater Lake, July 2013


Trail in the East Humboldts, NE Nevada, July 2013


California's North Coast Redwoods, August 2013














No comments:

Post a Comment