Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 12 -- Snippets Of Daily Life At The RV Park In Overton -- And MUD...


Contrary to how it may sound, with daily jaunts to the wildlife area down the street, the Valley of Fire, or long day trips, it's not always fun and games (no, I don't gamble). So here are a few scenes that aren't so glamorous... 


A pretty predawn view from the RV park; the sunrises here are actually quite nice -- though nothing like those viewed from Faranuf.


Tundra II and Discovery II at my RV spot, on a rare rainy day. The spot has electricity and sewage, but no hookups for TV reception. You have to use your up-top antenna, or satellite dish. Since that building behind me blocks the signal, I get nothing -- which is no great loss as I have no time to watch TV. Oh -- there's WiFi here, too, but a better connection the closer you are to the RV park office. 


My home away from home... The view making breakfast. Everything is laid out quite nicely. But the trailer (20 feet long) can allegedly sleep 5 to 6 people. Can you imagine 6 people in this space? It's perfect for one... 

I had my first glimpse up top only the other day. I finally have a back ladder -- hurrah! Discovery I  had no attached ladder, so I had to use a lean-to one to get up on top, I was always afraid the ladder would topple over when I was on the roof, then I'd be stuck up there -- and I do have a bit of vertigo to boot... You can see the 2 solar panels for boondocking; they're 160 watts each. 

The overall view of the RV park from up top, looking southwest. 


Mud here, mud there, mud everywhere...Just after seeing the wild burros at the Overton Wildlife Management Area on January 9 (hunt days are even days, everyone else can enter on odd days). I had to keep a watch for the mud on the tires as it threatened to get up to the wheel wells. 


But seeing Mr. Northern Harrier, a Gray Ghost, at the wildlife area made clomping around in the gooey gunk worth it... 




1 comment:

  1. We'll be off going the other direction South to Quartzite and Yuma on Friday. Just hoping the desert in Q isn't too muddy. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete