Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Look Back At Life At Faranuf, The Anniversary Edition -- Part II


Gee, looking through all of my photos (nearly 1 terabyte's worth) I really packed a lot into a relatively short period of time! And we're only up to October 2015... Here are a few more Scenes From Faranuf....


Hummingbird frenzy at the backyard feeders.

The first ride out with Diamondback, my hybrid bike.


Possibly Pepe? My first Striped Skunk.


Green-tailed Towhee (my favorite Towhee, although Spotted is up there, too).


Not my photo, but I could see one soon on my Critter Cam -- a mountain lion.


The beginning of Desert Willow in my back yard (it's doing fine, in fact blooming).


A huge rainbow over Cave Creek Canyon.


Faranuf's living room. That's a poster from a Rex Allen movie on the right; Rex was a local boy, born in Willcox; Rex Allen Drive there is named after him. He was known as "The Arizona Cowboy". 


An ephemeral waterfall along South Fork Road during the monsoons.


Who is that masked man? My weed-whacking couture.


Patch the Patch-nosed snake. He lived in my back yard, then disappeared when he went into hibernation. I'm waiting for him to show up again...


 The lunar eclipse of September 2015. 


Faranuf's back yard with its modifications, September. I cut those two tall feeder hangers down as they were blocking the view. 


 A rare Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Willow Tank, a rancher's 1-acre pond that's a vagrant trap in the San Simon Valley. 


 Green, green everywhere -- the height of the monsoon season. 

 The Fingers, on the Silver Peak massif. Though I could swear that looks like George Washington's head in profile on top of that left finger. 


The cumulonimbus (Anvil) clouds that formed to the north in September.

 My first solar pillar -- ice crystals in the atmosphere that reflect the sun's rays as the sun comes up to the horizon.


The cross-country historical military convoy comes to Rodeo, New Mexico.




This retrospective is taking longer than I thought...

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying the review of Faranuf and you. The terabyte of photos we all appreciate from your postings and blogging. Retirement is good but better if you find things to occupy your time. Thanks for keeping up the blog as it is much interesting than LA Times and a positive feeling is felt aftewards. Good work and carry on with the retrospective.

    ReplyDelete