Friday, June 10, 2016

Life At Faranuf: A Year (Well, 10 months) Of Living In Portal, Part 1

Tempus Fugit -- Time Flies. I first officially moved in to Faranuf on August 14, 2015, and I can honestly say it's been the most exciting, eventful, and gosh-darned fun-filled time that I've ever had. People talk longingly about achieving their dream; I did. And it all began with hitting a deer in November 2014, which goes to prove that, with a little luck,  good things can come from disasters. I may be doing a "real" 1 year anniversary blog post on August 14, 2016, but as I'll probably be out in the REAL  toolies, i.e., Alaska, then, and most likely out of Internet contact, here's a pictorial look back at my First Year At Faranuf, in chronological order...

What started Life At Faranuf -- Tundra I Hits A Deer, November 2014


And is smooshed (the deer got in front of me, not me in front of it)


Faranuf's back yard, shortly after I purchased it in December 2014. Now I know those tall feeder hangers were to keep the feeders out of the reach of the deer; they'd stand on their hind legs to get at them...

A first photo of Faranuf, December 2014


"Land, spreadin' out so far and wide/Keep Manhattan" etc etc


My first look at a Javelina, August 2015. 


I officially move into Faranuf, August 2015. Look at all that growth caused by the monsoons...


A Gray Fox visits the back yard, August. 


My first deer visitor, with a velvety rack.


Faranuf in August, with a front yard green from the monsoons.


One of the first spectacular sunrises from Faranuf's front yard


Another first for Faranuf (I hear they make good pets)


The drama of a monsoon thunderstorm

Me wearing my (in)famous snake guards


Faranuf's placid backyard just got exciting...


And that's just up to September 2015!  More to come...

2 comments:

  1. My gosh, you shouldn't be spreading all these pictures on the Internet....it makes me want to come out there and explore and see these things in person. (not that I could but....) Your readers will be invading any time now. What a gorgeous view and what wonderful sightings. Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. site Web www. dolabuy.co cliquez pour plus d'informations Dolabuy Goyard excellent article à lire www.dolabuy.ru

    ReplyDelete